Monday, March 29, 2010

France, Future, Past and a bit of Confusion


Even though this is my Junior year of high school I have been thinking about college a lot. YIKES, the thought of college and money freaks me out. Though, I am trying to not worry about the money part. I feel as though money should not control my choices in life. Don' you agree? My first choice school would be the American University of Paris (AUP), which is located in PARIS, FRANCE. The thought of living in a place full of art and history excites me to the core. But, I also feel unsure of this whole situation. The fact that it is miles away from my family and familiar faces frightens me. Many of my friends are encouraging me to take the risk and go for it. And I appreciate their encouragement but I still have my doubts. Normally, people usually attend school in the states then transfer abroad. So should I wait? Or just dive in?
My mind says GO! This is how I convinced myself;
*Attending AUP will give me the chance to find myself
*Experience a foreign county (other then Vietnam)
* Learn French!
*++++ I will be able to keep going to school.

I think those are some reasonable factors, no?
Even with my wild side convincing me to go, with great reason, part of me doesn't. I think that part of me is scared of the unknown. Which I see as normal. I just wish I knew someone that knew more about AUP. It would be nice to talk to a current student. OR a future student that knows more then I do about this university and can claim my nerves.

Oh well, I'll just keep doing personal research into AUP.
Oh, you may be wondering why I want to go to France for college other then the art and history. I have gone to France before on a school trip and I have discovered that France is not a place you can only go once in your life. It is a place you must revisit. Here are some photos of my trip in Spring of 2009, over a year has pasted now, but I can still remember it as though it was yesterday.


I didn't say they were great photos!
HOPE YOU DIDN'T EXPECT MUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment